Search This Blog

Wednesday 21 January 2015

poems

Indian Ink
 “Indian Accent” 
Hear the whispers inside Chanting from long ago Echoes
 come and go Losing time in a soft eternal glow
 A beautiful and delicate autumn mountain scene 
Dry blue eyes enchanting melodies! 
Voices falling from the sky Rising hymns release ancient demons that cling to the soul 
The darkness dwells under gentle moonlight Ancestors of the Spirit World, 
Exposing Indian hands that weave native smoke into the air 
Their spirits taunting burrows from the muddy Earth Moccasin makers rise from underneath Guardians of dream catchers Smooth thread from the outer edge, bowing heads. 
Luminous gems of ivory, Chasing a florid kiss. 
Through the winds of enchanted drums, voices cry out for rain.
 The hollow chimes mesmerize An ancient rage begins to flare Stale madness, 
The spears of the perfumed buffalo skin pierced my senses Removing the veils that cover my eyes The hands that cover my ears Washing the scalp that bleeds on my face .
They collect tears from memories of the past.
 KINDRED IN EVERY WAY! 
Raven silk braids, feathers fall from my hair. 
Dancing in a horrid hallucination of Peyote, 
Waking up from the “American Dream.” 
Holding out my arms, 
I am free, 
I can fly. 
I AM A BIRD! 
By; PD

Read more at

No comments: